The Australian College of Perioperative Nurses (ACORN) is a registered health promotion charity that serves the patient, the community and the perioperative profession to promote the prevention and control of disease.
ACORN’s vision is for Australian patients to receive the safest, highest quality perioperative care in the world.
ACORN works to achieve this vision by:
- publishing evidence-based ‘best practice’ standards for perioperative services reviewing these standards regularly
- advising other organisations and industry stakeholders about perioperative policy, procedures and practice to help advance the health and welfare of the community
- encouraging research into perioperative nursing to increase knowledge and learning in the perioperative nursing field and improve patient care
- promoting educational opportunities for perioperative nurses
- holding biennial national conferences to promote best practice and discuss and address current challenges in perioperative nursing practice.
ACORN’s work is underpinned by our values.
We achieve results through inclusion and collaboration with our volunteers and partners and as we work toward shared goals.
We provide services of a high quality and fulfill our members’ expectations with integrity and credibility.
We work with our state-based associations in partnerships based on openness, honesty and respect.
We communicate effectively and are professional, ethical and transparent.
We ensure that our services remain contemporary, creative, responsive and effective.