Excellence in Perioperative Nursing Team Award
The Excellence in Perioperative Nursing (EiPN) Team Award is presented to a perioperative nursing team who have made an outstanding contribution to one of the following:
- the delivery of patient care within their health care facility
- the promotion of perioperative nursing practice.
The award is one of high profile recognition with no monetary value.
The award is presented at the biennial national conference where the team receives a certificate of recognition.
The team may work collaboratively with the departments of Surgery and Anaesthetics, the Central Sterilising Unit and/or other healthcare units to achieve the outstanding contribution to the delivery of patient care.
Teams shall apply for the award.
The team's contact person must have current full membership of their state or territory Local Association and identify all members of the team and those who are members of ACORN.
A perioperative team is defined as nurses working within an operating suite service with members as defined in the ACORN membership categories:
Post Anaesthesia Care Unit nurses
Day of surgery admission nurses
Day surgery nurses
Acute pain nurses
Perioperative Nurse Surgeon's Assistants
The team must comprise nurses from amongst these categories.
The team will have demonstrated a contribution that meets outcomes from among the following criteria:
- an involvement in evidence-based research that supports an improvement to the delivery of patient care
- an outstanding contribution to the delivery of patient care
- an active promotion of perioperative nursing practice
- leadership in perioperative nursing
- promotion of the ACORN standards
- an involvement in broadening ACORN's membership base to include all nurses who practice perioperative procedures
- an ability to promote perioperative nursing and enhance recruitment to the specialty.
The call for applications will be advertised in the journal in the spring issue prior to the conference and emailed to the Local Associations in the October prior to the conference.
Applications close on 30 January of the conference year.
The ACORN EiPN Team Award will be presented at the opening session of the ACORN Conference.
EiPN Team Award recipients
2016 St Vincents Health Australia Perioperative Thermal Care Collaborative