ACORN Three Minute Thesis Competition
The ACORN Three Minute Thesis (3MT) competition is now open!
All entrants will receive complementary 12-month subscription to Standards for Perioperative Nursing in Australia.
The ACORN Three Minute Thesis (3MT) competition celebrates the exciting perioperative research conducted by Australian higher degree research students. The 3MT cultivates students’ academic, presentation and research communication skills. The competition supports their capacity to effectively explain their research in three minutes, in a language appropriate to a non-specialist audience.
The winning entry will receive:
- A complete set of the 12 ACORN Practice Audit Tools (PATs)
- ACORN Surgical hand antisepsis, gowning and gloving DVD
- A copy of Nursing and Midwifery Research: Methods and Appraisal for Evidenced Based Practice 6th edition.
The competition is open to all ACORN members who are:
- confirmed higher degree by research students (MPh, PhD, or Prof Doc)
- enrolled at the time of submission
- conducting research into a topic related to perioperative nursing.
Submit an entry
Click here to read further information about submission rules, advice on preparing the presentation and the judging criteria.