ACORN Three Minute Thesis Competition
Entries closed 30 September 2020
ACORN 3MT Presentation Ceremony
Join this webinar to view the finalist's entries and hear the winner announced.
Wednesday 7 October
1.30–2.30 pm AEDT
WA 10.30–11.30 l NT 12.00–1.00 l QLD 12.30–13.30 l SA 13.00–14.00
The ACORN Three Minute Thesis (3MT) competition celebrates the exciting perioperative research conducted by Australian higher degree research students. The 3MT cultivates students’ academic, presentation and research communication skills. The competition supports their capacity to effectively explain their research in three minutes, in a language appropriate to a non-specialist audience.
The winning entry will receive:
- A complete set of the 12 ACORN Practice Audit Tools (PATs)
- ACORN Surgical hand antisepsis, gowning and gloving DVD
- A copy of Nursing and Midwifery Research: Methods and Appraisal for Evidenced Based Practice 6th edition.
All entrants will receive complementary 12-month subscription to Standards for Perioperative Nursing in Australia.
The competition was open to all ACORN members who are:
- confirmed higher degree by research students (MPh, PhD, or Prof Doc)
- enrolled at the time of submission
- conducting research into a topic related to perioperative nursing.