ACORN Education Working Party
Are you an experienced perioperative nurse who is wanting to contribute to the education of perioperative nurses across Australia? Are you passionate about evidence-based practice and continuing professional development? ACORN Education is seeking an expression of interest from you to join the ACORN Education Working Party!
The primary function of the ACORN Education Working Party is to provide clinical insight and professional recommendations about the content of the ACORN Education courses, resources, programs, and services to ensure they are consistent with legal, professional and industry standards, codes of practice, and reflect trends in newly published research, technical innovations, and emerging scientific and biological issues.
This includes but is not limited to providing ACORN with insights into:
- opportunities and need for review, improvement, development, and advancement of the ACORN Education courses, resources, programs, and services
- how to best support ACORN members, through educational events, published case studies and other opportunities to translate, contextualize and apply the content as it relates to their individual work environment
- internal and cross-disciplinary promotional and marketing opportunities for the ACORN Education portfolio within domestic and international clinical, educational, professional, and commercial settings
- the content of regular and once-off reports to the ACORN board including reporting of alignment with ACORN’s strategic intent
- ensuring the ACORN Education’s content and format(s) remain high-quality, evidence-based, contemporary and it a valued and necessary resource for the safety and quality care of surgical patients and perioperative staff; and
- how the ACORN Education courses, resources, programs, and services best fit within the relevant regulatory, legislative and accreditation frameworks.
2022 ACORN Education Working Party
John Paul So
Applications for 2022 have now closed.