ACORN members can be involved and represented in the decision-making processes of the College through the committee structure of ACORN’s shared governance model.
Committee work provides many benefits, and experience at the committee level may lead to being considered for election as an ACORN director in the future. Being part of a committee can help you
- network with other perioperative professionals across Australia
- gain valuable committee and management experience
- understand how the ACORN board functions.
ACORN committees meet once a month or every two months. Meetings are in the evening and held via the internet at a time that suits all participants. Committee members also undertake some work between meetings to help meet the committee’s objectives.
The current committees will serve until May 2020 with an option to continue for a further two-year term. We are grateful to all our members who have volunteered their time and expertise to serve on these committees. To see the list of committee members click here.
We encourage you to nominate for one of our committees.
- Conference Committee (chaired by Karen Hay)
- Journal Committee (chaired by Patricia Flood)
- Research Committee (chaired by Brigid Gillespie)
- Standards Committee (chaired by Di Hutt)
- Membership and Local Associations Liaison (MLAL) Committee (chaired by Paula Foran)
- Education Committee (chaired by Donna Stevens)
- Programs Committee (chaired by Sophie Erlich)
- Hospital and University Collaboration and Accreditation (HUCA) Committee (chaired by Grace Loh)
- Grants, Awards and Scholarships (GAS) Committee (chaired by Grace Loh).
Committee terms of reference (TOR)
To read the terms of reference for these committees click on the links below.
Active ACORN members have made the College what it is today. Your contribution will make ACORN what it is in the future.