Excellence in Perioperative Nursing Novice Award
The ACORN and Ansell Excellence in Perioperative Nursing (EiPN) Novice Award is presented to an ACORN member with less than five years experience in perioperative nursing practice who has made a positive contribution to perioperative nursing.
The award is one of high profile recognition with no monetary value. However, the recipient will be entitled to complimentary registration and complimentary accommodation for two nights at the national conference.
The award is presented at the biennial national conference where the recipient receives a personal medal and certificate.
The nomination is made by a Local Association or by the ACORN board.
Nominations close on 30 January of the conference year.
The nominee must have current full membership of their state or territory Local Association.
The nominee must demonstrate:
- a commitment and enthusiasm for perioperative nursing
- potential leadership in perioperative nursing
- promotion of the college and the ACORN Standards
- a willingness to be involved in evidence-based research that supports, modifies and updates the ACORN standards
- a contribution at a healthcare or state level that promotes perioperative nursing.
For more details, download the Nomination guidelines from the link below.
The call for nominations will be advertised in the journal in the spring issue prior to the conference and emailed to the Local Associations in the October prior to the conference.
Nominations must be made on the designated nomination form and:
- address the selection criteria
- have two signatures of reference
- include a statement detailing specifics of the positive contribution the nominee has made to perioperative nursing.
Nomination forms must arrive at the ACORN Secretariat no later than 31st January of the year of the national conference (for consideration at the board meeting in February) and include all information requested. Late or incomplete forms will not be considered.
To download the Nomination form click on the link below.
The recipient will be chosen by a selection panel made up of the Award Chair and three board members, selected by the current president. The Award Chair is the immediate past-president of the College.
- Copies of nomination forms and selection criteria will be forwarded electronically or by express post to the selection panel prior to the February board meeting.
- Nominations are given a score out of 100. Only nominations that score 75 or above are considered. The award is presented to the nominee with the highest score. (In the event of a tie, the president will cast the deciding vote.) If no nominations score 75 or above, it may be decided that no award will be presented.
- The selection panel completes selection before the February board meeting and makes their recommendation at that meeting for the board to ratify.
The successful nominee will be:
contacted personally by the president and by letter to formalise the invitation to receive the award
advised of the details relating to the timing of the award, accommodation and airfares provided.
Nominations remain confidential and unsuccessful nomination forms will be destroyed.
Unsuccessful candidates may be nominated in following years with a new submission form.
Recipients of the award are not eligible for nomination in subsequent years.
EiPN Novice Award recipients
2016 Rhys Berryman (Qld)
Rhys Berryman, MACORN, (at right) after receiving the 2016 ACORN EiPn Novice Award from Andrew Barker, Senior Manager – Marketing ANZ (centre) and ACORN President, Dr Jed Duff, (at left).