Call for abstracts opening Monday 14 June 2021
ACORN invites authors to submit abstracts and education proposals for the ACORN 2022 Conference to be held on the Gold Coast, Australia, from 19 to 21 May 2022. Submissions are sought for both oral and poster presentations, which must address the conference theme ‘Moving to a golden future’.
All accepted submissions will be included in the conference proceedings.
All enquiries regarding proposals and submissions for the ACORN 2022 Conference should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dates and deadlines
Call for submissions opens
Monday 14 June 2021
Call for submissions closes
Friday 6 August 2021
|Authors notified of results||Friday 12 November 2021|
|Presenter registration deadline||Friday 17 December 2021|
Please note that the closing date for submissions will not be extended.
The theme for the 2020 ACORN Conference is ‘Moving to a golden future’.
Abstracts and education proposals should be submitted in one of two streams – clinical or non-clinical.
Presentation types include:
- Oral presentations: 60-minute talk including question and answer time
- Poster presentations: Printed posters will be displayed on a poster board at the conference venue and presented during Friday lunchtime.
Please note: Only a limited number of submissions nominated for an oral presentation will be selected as such by the program committee. Submissions that are not selected for oral presentation will still be considered for poster presentation.
- Only submissions written in English will be reviewed.
- Submissions should be original work.
- A limit of two abstracts or posters only will be considered per author.
- The presenting author must submit the work and include her/his contact details, qualifications, affiliations and a 50-word biography.
- Submissions must not exceed 250 words (excluding the title, authors and affiliations), must be single spaced and typed in size 11 Arial.
- Research/project abstracts and posters should include the headings ’Introduction’, ‘Method’, ‘Results’ and ‘Conclusion’.
- All other submissions should include the headings ’Topic overview’, ‘Presentation objectives’, Requested duration’.
- All abbreviations must be spelt out on first use.
- Submissions should be carefully checked for spelling and grammar.
- References (e.g. Smith 2016) should be used sparingly.
- Submissions must be received by Friday 6 August 2021 for consideration by the program committee.
- Once accepted, authors will be notified by Friday 12 November 2021 and informed if their submission has been selected for an oral or poster presentation.
- Presenters must be registered to attend the conference by Friday 17 December 2021.
- Abstracts will be published in the conference proceedings as submitted.
Terms and conditions
The submission of an abstract/education proposal indicates an understanding of the following conditions for participation in the ACORN 2022 Conference.
- If multi-authored, all authors must approve submission of the work for presentation.
- The author(s) agree(s) to materially confine their presentations to information in the submission if accepted for presentation. If an author has more than one presentation accepted, each presentation will be materially confined to the information in the submissions selected for the specific session.
- At least one author will be available to present if selected for the program. The authors will immediately notify Annabel Holliss, ACORN Events and Administration Manager, on email@example.com if they are unable to present or if the presenting author has changed.
- The organisers reserve the right to remove a presentation from the program.
- Please note that if there is more than one presenter only the main presenter is entitled to the discounted registration fee.
- The presenter gives ACORN permission to print the abstract in the conference handbook and app.