2019 Leadership Summit
ACORN is proud to present the inaugural ACORN Perioperative Leadership Summit which will be held on the afternoon of Thursday 5 September from 3.30pm to 4.00pm Saturday 7 September 2019 at the East Hotel in Canberra.
The summit will provide outstanding leadership education for delegates and will bring together 110 emerging and experienced perioperative leaders from across Australia.
Registration is $1300* and is available to members only and will be secured on a first-come, first served basis. A wait list will be taken and those on the wait list will have first rights to attend in 2021.
* This includes dinner. It does not include GST.
Who should attend?
Current and emerging perioperative nurse leaders should attend this summit.
Places are limited and registrants must be an ACORN member. To become an ACORN member, please join your local perioperative nursing association. Click here to join.
Registrations are now open.
For more information visit the Registration page.
- Amanda Adrian – Amanda Adrian and Associates
- Mark Aitken – Consultant & Stakeholder Engagement Manager, Nurse & Midwife Support
- Trent Batchelor - ACORN Director
- Nataschja Budel - Executive Director, Australian College of Nursing
- Darlene Cox, Executive Director, Healthcare Consumers' Association
- Phyllis Davis – Nursing Director, Al Jalila Children’s Specialty Hospital
- Kathy Dempsey - Program Manager Healthcare Associated Infection, Clinical Excellence Commission
- Jed Duff – Program Convenor, Master of Nursing, University of Newcastle
- Paula Foran – ACORN Director
- Associate Professor Bethne Hart
- Karen Hay - ACORN Director
- Joy Jensen – Nurse Unit Manager Operating Suite, Redcliffe Hospital, Metro North Hospital and Health Service
- Ruth Melville, Ambassador Papua New Guinea and Asia, IFPN
- Randall Pearce - Consultant, Think: Insight & Advice
- Adjunct Professor Deborah Picone - CEO, Australian Commission on Safety and Quality in Healthcare
- Sally Sutherland Fraser – Health Education and Learning Partnerships
- Adjunct Professor Kylie Ward - CEO, Australian College of Nursing
- Carollyn Williams – ACORN Fellow and Life Member
- Wendy Wood – Director Gumhill Consultants and Lead Assessor ACHS.
A welcome reception, to be held on Thursday 5 September, and an evening dinner on Friday 6 September will provide opportunities to socialise and network with other delegates in a relaxed environment.
ACORN will also provide specialised support before and after the summit to help delegates get the most out of their time there.
The venue for the summit, the East Hotel, also offers accomodation, a bar and restaurant, a fully equipped gym, and 24 hour reception.
We look forward to seeing you at the East Hotel Canberra in September 2019.
3M Healthcare Pty Ltd
Johnson & Johnson
Lohmann & Rauscher
Molnlycke Health Care
Multigate Medical Products
East Hotel, Canberra
The East Hotel is a contemporary, cool and vibrant apartment hotel offering a unique Canberra experience. A big part of this local experience is their warm and casually attentive customer service.
Situated between the vibrant shopping and restaurant hubs of Kingston and Manuka in Canberra’s prestigious 'Inner South', EAST is a lovely location for our leadership summit.
Click here for details of accommodation options.
2019 Perioperative Leadership Summit subcommittee
Garry Stratton, (Chair), ACORN Director, Calvary St Luke's, Launceston
Sophie Ehrlich (Chair). ACORN Director, NTPNA
Stephen Alexander, Pindara Private Hospital
Deborah Burrows, Southern NSW Local Health District
Lee-Ann Heta, Westmead Public Hospital
Anna Hinz, Beleura Private Hospital
Joy Jensen, Metro North Hospital & Health Service - Redcliffe Hospital
Sally Sutherland-Fraser, Health, Education & Learning Partnerships