Call for abstracts
Abstract submissions will be open on Monday 5 June.
Authors are invited to submit abstracts or education proposals for the ACORN and ASIORNA 2018 Conference to be held in Adelaide, South Australia, from 23rd May to 26th May. Submissions are sought for oral and poster presentations and can be made via the presenters’ portal after 5 June.
All submissions must be submitted online by Friday 24 November 2017 and follow the details listed below.
All accepted submissions will be included within the conference proceedings. Registered delegates will receive an electronic copy of the proceedings prior to the conference.
To enquire about submitting and abstract or proposal, please email Annabel Holliss on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dates and deadlines
Call for abstracts opens Monday 5th June 2017
Call for abstracts closes Friday 24th November 2017
Authors notified of results Monday 15th January 2017
Presenter registration deadline Monday 26th February 2018
The theme for the 2018 ACORN & ASIORNA Conference is ‘Coming of Age’.
Abstracts and education proposals can be submitted under one of the following streams:
- Leadership and management
- Only submissions written in English will be reviewed.
- Submissions should be original work.
- A limit of two abstracts or posters will be considered for each author.
- The presenting author must submit the work.
- Contact details must be included in the submission.
- Submissions must not exceed 250 words (excluding the title, authors and affiliations).
- Research and project abstracts and posters should include the headings: Introduction, Method, Results and Conclusion.
- Education proposal submissions should include the headings: Topic overview, Presentation objectives, Requested duration.
- All abbreviations must be spelt out on first use.
- Submissions should be thoroughly checked for spelling and grammar.
- Submissions must be received by Friday 24th November 2017 for consideration by the scientific program committee.
- Authors will be notified whether or not their submission is accepted by Friday 15 December 2017. Successful authors will also be notified whether they have been selected to make an oral or a poster presentation.
- Submissions are accepted initially on a provisional basis. Authors must be registered and have paid to attend the conference by Monday 29 January 2018 for their submission to be fully accepted.
- Only cite references (e.g. Smith 1999) if necessary.
- Accepted submissions will be published in the conference proceedings as submitted. Should changes be required please email the changes to email@example.com by Friday 2 February 2018. Please check data carefully before submitting as changes or additions will not be accepted after the call for submissions closes.
Presentation types include:
- Research or project abstract presentation: A 20-, 40- or 60-minute talk including question and answer time.
- Poster presentation: A printed poster displayed on a poster board at the conference and presented during catering breaks.
- Education presentation: A 20-, 40- or 60-minute education session. On submission please nominate and justify required time.
Please note, only a limited number of submissions nominated for an oral presentation will be selected for oral presentation by the review committee. Submissions that are not selected for oral presentation will still be considered for poster presentation.
Terms and conditions
The submission of an abstract or education proposal indicates an understanding of the following rules for participation in the ACORN and ASIORN 2018 Conference.
- All author(s) approve submitting this work for presentation.
- The author(s) transfer(s) all copyright ownership of the named submission to the ACORN and ASIORNA 2018 Conference.
- The author(s) agree(s) to materially confine their presentations to information in the submission if accepted for presentation. If an author has more than one presentation accepted, each presentation will be materially confined to the information in the submissions selected for the specific session.
- At least one author will be available to present if selected for the program. The authors will immediately notify the Annabel Hollis (firstname.lastname@example.org) if they are unable to present or if the presenting author has changed.
- The organisers reserve the right to remove a presentation from the program.