ACORN Postdoctoral Research Fellowship
Applications are now open
A 12-month research fellowship is now available to ACORN members who are early career researchers (fewer than five years post-PhD).
The fellowship is suited to conducting a systematic review to answer an important research question, developing a consensus document on a key topic or leading focus groups to gain insights from experts.
The research mentors would work with the ACORN board and the research fellow to ensure the project is of appropriate scale and rigour.
The research fellow will receive:
- $5000 in research funding (for direct research costs or research training)
- mentorship from an experienced researcher
- ACORN Conference one-day registration (to present findings)
- a certificate, presented at the ACORN Conference.
The research fellow would be expected to:
- conduct a research project that identifies with the ACORN vision and mission or informs the ACORN Standards
- present the research project at the ACORN Conference
- submit a research article for publication in the Journal of Perioperative Nursing.
- the prestige of completing a nationally competitive research fellowship
- mentorship from experienced perioperative nurse researchers
- opportunities to network and collaborate with senior perioperative nurses
- the opportunity to present the research project at the ACORN Conference.