Perioperative positions vacant
Perioperative Registered Nurses – Maroondah Hospital
- Be part of a dynamic, friendly and supportive team
- Extensive learning and career progression opportunities
- Eastern suburbs – work close to home, close to public transport and shops
Want to work closer to home? Looking to experience public health? Perhaps you’re ready for a change? Maroondah Hospital has various opportunities for perioperative registered nurses.
Operating Theatres at Eastern Health
Maroondah Hospital has four operating theatres, and supports a wide variety of orthopaedics, plastics, breast, endoscopy, general surgery. With an on-site ICU, acute medical and surgical units, we offer care to patients for the duration of their hospital journey. Eastern Health has a philosophy of Patients First. Patients’ care and safety is paramount. Shifts are 9.5 and 5 hour lengths and include early, late and weekend work – with on call requirements, up to 76 hours per fortnight. Our theatres operate on a 24/7 basis, and we also require staff to undertake a component of night duty. Watch this video to find out more https://youtu.be/fNbEsfYk_4w
About the role
We have opportunities for compassionate and experienced perioperative nurses interested in casual, fixed term and permanent full- or part-time positions available. We are seeking knowledgeable and skilled perioperative nurses for our Scrub/Scout and Anaesthetics/PACU teams:
- Provide exceptional nursing care and advocacy for your patients in theatre
- Assess, plan, coordinate and evaluate the care needs of patients
- Continually monitor patients’ conditions, report changes and escalate concerns during procedures
- Coordinate and deliver patients’ anaesthetics and recovery needs
- Identify and appropriately escalate patients’ changing needs
- Demonstrate the Eastern Health value of patients first, ensuring safety and positive outcomes
You will be a valued member of, and work closely with, our highly dedicated, multi-disciplinary team. We pride ourselves on going above and beyond to provide our patients with timely access to high quality care. You will be supported by a team of experienced clinicians including clinical educators and a cohesive leadership team.
To be successful in the role you will have:
A minimum of 24 months Perioperative experience in Scrub/Scout nursing
- Post Graduate qualifications in Perioperative Nursing will be highly regarded
- Current registration with AHPRA (essential)
- Successful completion of a nurse graduate program (essential)
- Recent acute nursing experience (within Australia)
- Post graduate qualifications will be highly regarded
- An empathetic and personable demeanour
- A strong commitment to high quality care
- The ability to work as part of a diverse team
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
Eastern Health is one of Melbourne’s largest public health services. We are a values-based organisation committed to research and teaching, and have strong affiliations with Australia’s top universities. We provide a range of emergency, surgical, medical and general healthcare services, including maternity, palliative care, mental health, drug and alcohol, residential care, community health and state-wide specialist services to people and communities that are diverse in culture, age, socio-economic status, population and healthcare needs.
What we offer
Eastern Health offers a variety of fantastic Employee Benefits, view the extensive range here!
- Diverse and engaging career opportunities
- Friendly & supportive team
- Flexible working hours
- Salary packaging options
- Career progression in our teaching hospitals
With a strong commitment to research and teaching, we offer many professional development opportunities, and our online learning platform, iLearn, holds a wealth of information to assist you with your ongoing learning and development. In addition, we offer discounted private health insurance, a variety of leave options, and an Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
Applications will be considered as received, apply now!
- All applications must be submitted online via E-Mercury
- All appointments are made subject to a satisfactory Fit2Work Check, where preferred candidates will be required to complete a Criminal History Check at the expense of Eastern Health.
- You must have Australian work rights to apply for this position.
- Recruitment agency applications will not be accepted.
Eastern Health Values: Patients First | Agility | Humility | Respect | Kindness | Excellence
An exciting opportunity exists for an enthusiastic Registered Nurse to join the General Operating Theatre team at Northern Health. This is an exciting opportunity with the expansion of our theatre complex moving to 10 operating theatres including 2 Hybrid and a brand new recovery room.
This role requires the successful candidate to have previous experience working in a busy Operating theatre environment with preference to post graduate qualification in either Perioperative or Anaesthetics & Recovery. There is the option for either Permanent Full Time or Part time.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Experience and good working knowledge of Scrub Scout or Anaesthetics/Recovery
- Proven ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Working knowledge of various perioperative specialties
- Desire to engage and invest in an expanding operating suite
Next Steps . . .
For further details, please contact: Nurse Unit Managers, Lana Dent 8405 8543 or Casey Muscat on 8468 8474, alternatively by email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org please refer to the Position Description that can be found in the Career Section of Northern Health Internet Job add number 2422.
If this opportunity sounds like the next step in your career, then we would love to hear from you. Please forward you CV and Cover letter to Nurse Unit Manager/s, email above.
Applications close 31st August 2021 or please contact the Hiring Manager if you have any queries.
About Northern Health:
As an organisation we have a clear focus on how we service and partner with our community, including our strategy of helping the community stay well when at home. Our reputation of community minded, inclusive and progressive is matched to none.
Northern Health is located in the rapidly growing northern suburbs with projected growth the biggest in the state. With a booming, culturally rich and diverse community, and less than an hour’s drive from the CBD, Melbourne’s North is fast becoming the place to be!
About the role
Mater Private Hospital Brisbane is seeking an enthusiastic Registered Nurses with experience in Anaesthetics and/or Scrub/Scout for permanent full and part-time opportunities.
The successful candidates will be required to work across a 7-day roster including, early and late shifts, weekends and public holidays and participating in an on call overnight roster (please note night shifts are not a requirement of this role however you are required to participate in a rotational on call overnight roster).
This is an exceptional opportunity to join Mater’s South Brisbane Perioperative department which boasts 13 operating theatres (including 3 Neuroscience theatres) across our private hospital settings.
Salary range: $36.32 – $46.67 (Registered Nurse Level 1) per hour plus superannuation
What you’ll be doing
Whilst displaying the highest level of clinical standards for the unit you will be responsible for:
- Achieving optimal patient outcomes throughout the patient journey and continuum of care
- Demonstrating exceptional clinical expertise and knowledge of procedures and the management of patients seeking outstanding care
- Implementing strategies to ensure that quality and risk management are integrated into service provision
- Working collaboratively with the nursing team to provide exceptional care every time
- Maintaining current knowledge and skills to ensure continued professional growth
You will be driven by a challenging yet rewarding environment where you can bring your energy and experience to this dynamic and exciting unit.
Other skills and experience include:
- Current AHPRA nursing registration as a Registered Nurse (no restrictions)
- Previous experience as a Registered Nurse in an Anaesthetics or Scrub/Scout setting
- Ability to work in an ever-changing and fast paced environment
- A strong work ethic, positive attitude and willingness to role model and promote the Mater values
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to liaise with all levels of the multidisciplinary team
- Demonstrated ability to operate both in a team environment and autonomously using initiative, sound reasoning and strong listening, negotiation and decision-making skills
- Strong attention to detail and organisational skills
- Commitment to ensuring the levels of service is always delivered to patients at all times.
Why join us?
In return for your skills, effort and enthusiastic commitment you will have the opportunity to work for an Australian leader in the field of Health, Education and Research and work with a team who make a real difference to the lives of our patients, consumers and community.
Mater provides benefits not offered in other workplaces. In addition to being part of a workplace that offers compassionate care in the spirit of the Sisters of Mercy, you will have opportunities to increase your take-home pay with our salary packaging options.
YORKE AND NORTHERN LOCAL HEALTH NETWORK
YNLHN Registered Nurse - Theatre Staff (External) - Clare, Port Pirie and Wallaroo
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES FOR THEATRE SPECIFIC REGISTERED NURSES
Yorke and Northern Local Health Network have multiple permanent and temporary part time contracts for Registered Nurse wishing to work within the Operating Theatres at Clare Hospital, Port Pirie Regional Health Service and Wallaroo Hospital
Surgical specialities are offered at each hospital between Monday and Friday by local and visiting medical specialist and include general surgery, orthopaedic, gastroenterology, obstetric, urology, gynaecology, dental, ophthalmology, plastics and ear nose throat services.
Yorke and Northern surgical services are also supported with a 24-hour, 7-day week on-call service. Applicants to these positions will be required to participate in an on-call roster system to support these services.
Opportunities are also available for Registered Nurses employed in this role to expand and consolidate on additional skills within additional services at each hospital if desired
Located 150 kilometres from Adelaide in the beautiful mid-north, Clare Hospital is a 23-bed acute hospital located. Services offered include 24-hours accident and emergency, acute and general medical services, chemotherapy, renal, medical imaging, surgical services, obstetric and maternity care, palliative care and outpatient clinics.
The Clare and Gilbert Valley region is a lovely place to live and work, providing beauty, affordability, culture, great lifestyle and employment opportunities. Offering over 40 cellar doors, many restaurants, cafes and galleries, there is no shortage of places to eat, drink and have fun.
Clare Hospital has one operating theatre that provides services 7 days per fortnight with a supporting on-call service and is seeking:
- Registered Nurse: Permanent P/T, 0.74 FTE (28 hours per week) Commencing ASAP
Port Pirie Regional Health Service
Located 223 kms from Adelaide on the shores of the Spencer Gulf and set against the dramatic back drop of the southern Flinders Ranges Port Pirie Regional Health Service is a 53 bed acute hospital. Services offered include 24-hours accident and emergency, acute and general medical services, chemotherapy, medical imaging, surgical services, obstetric and maternity care, palliative care, on site pharmacy, Renal Dialysis and outpatient clinics.
Port Pirie is the largest city in South Australia Mid North Region and plays an important part for education, healthcare, retail and employment. It is a historic seaport town with beautiful heritage buildings with a diverse agricultural and industrial opportunities, offering great lifestyle and employment opportunities.
Port Pirie Regional Health Service has two operating theatres that provide services 5 days per week with a supporting on call service and is seeking:
- Registered Nurse: Permanent P/T 0.74 FTE (28 hours per week) Commencing ASAP
Located Wallaroo has 21 acute beds. Services offered include 24-hour accident and emergency, acute and general medical services, chemotherapy, medical imaging, surgical services obstetric and maternity care, palliative care and outpatient clinics.
Wallaroo is one of the main towns and commercial ports on the Cooper Coast, Yorke Peninsula. Boasting beautiful and numerous sandy beaches, diverse agriculture and fishing, rich maritime history, great food, lifestyle and employment opportunities.
Wallaroo Hospital has one operating theatre and one procedure room that provides services for eight days per fortnight with a supporting on-call services and is seeking:
- Registered Nurse: Temporary P/T 0.63 FTE (24 hours per week) Commencing ASAP until 23 July 2022
- Registered Nurse: Temporary P/T 0.84 FTE (32 hours per week) Commencing ASAP until 9 September 2022
You must be registered or eligible for registration as a Nurse with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia and who holds, or who is eligible to hold, a current practicing certificate and have recent perioperative experience.
A career in the Yorke and Northern Local Health Network offers many great lifestyle benefits, including diverse job prospects and the opportunity to fast track your skills and career, not to mention your choice of scenery from farm, ocean, vineyards and the Southern Flinders ranges. Being part of Yorke and Northern Local Health Network means you will be supported both personally and professionally, can take advantage of education and training opportunities, will have access to flexible working hours within service needs - work/life balance is valued by our health network. The beautiful Yorke and Northern region is a great lifestyle location with beach-side living and easy access to Adelaide via a major road network. We offer supportive and friendly team environments across our sites, and you will have access to Salary Packaging arrangements. The health units within the Yorke & Northern LHN have dedicated, experienced staff who strive to meet the needs of the community by providing the highest level of health care. View this video for more information about working for Yorke and Northern Local Health Network.
Appointment will be subject to a satisfactory Criminal History Screening/Check and specific immunisation requirements.
Suitably qualified Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants are strongly encouraged to apply and will be given preference as a special/equal opportunity measure under section 8(1) of the Racial Discrimination Act 1975 (Cth), and sections 34(2) and 56(2) of the Equal Opportunity Act 1984 (SA).
The South Australian public sector promotes diversity and flexible ways of working including part-time. Applicants are encouraged to discuss the flexible working arrangements for this role.
Applications close: 30 September 2021
For further information and to apply visit www.sahealth.sa.gov.au/careers and search for Job Ref: 771944
Direct URL to role on careers website:
Job: 2022 Graduate Certificate Perioperative Employed Model Program
The employed model program is an exciting initiative through Northern Territory Health (NT Health) that supports Registered Nurses to gain employment, experience and certification in Perioperative Nursing. Specifically, the Royal Darwin and Palmerston Hospital is offering Registered Nurses paid employment while completing their Graduate Certificate Perioperative (one year full time or two years of part time study). Staff employed under this model of care will be financially supported to complete their Graduate Certificate in Perioperative Nursing through a recognised University course.
What are you waiting for? Make the move to the Territory!
Apply now! Applications close 7th October 2021.
For more information, please visit our website: Employed model programs - NT Health
Apply Online: Jobs - Registered Nurse/Midwife (nt.gov.au)