Call for abstracts
The ACORN 2020 Conference program committee invites authors to submit abstracts/education proposals for the ACORN 2020 Conference to be held in Sydney, Australia from 28 to 30 May.
Submissions are sought for oral and poster presentations. All presentations must address the conference theme and meet the requirements outlined below.
All accepted submissions will be included in the conference proceedings.
All enquiries regarding abstract/education proposal submissions for the ACORN 2020 Conference should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that the closing date for submissions will not be extended.
Dates and deadlines
|Calls for submissions opens||Monday 10 June 2019|
|Call for submissions closes||Friday 2 August 2019|
|Authors notified of results||Friday 8 November 2019|
|Presenter registration deadline||Friday 13 December 2019|
The theme for the 2020 ACORN Conference is ‘Vision for the future’.
Abstracts and education proposals should address one of the following streams:
- Clinical (all phases of perioperative care)
- Education and research
- Leadership and management.
Presentation types include:
- Research/Project presentations: 30- to 45-minute talk including question and answer time.
- All other presentations: 30-, 45- or 60-minute session. On submission please identify and justify required time.
- Poster presentations: Printed posters will be displayed on a poster board at the conference venue and presented during Thursday lunchtime.
Please note: Only a limited number of submissions nominated for an oral presentation will be selected as such by the program committee. Submissions that are not selected for oral presentation will still be considered for poster presentation.
- Only submissions written in English will be reviewed.
- Submissions should be original work.
- A limit of two abstracts or posters only will be considered per author.
- The presenting author must submit the work and include her/his contact details, qualifications, affiliations and a 50-word biography.
- Submissions must not exceed 250 words (excluding the title, authors and affiliations), must be single spaced and typed in size 11 Arial.
- Research/project abstracts and posters should include the headings ’Introduction’, ‘Method’, ‘Results’ and ‘Conclusion’.
- All other submissions should include the headings ’Topic overview’, ‘Presentation objectives’, Requested duration’.
- All abbreviations must be spelt out on first use.
- Submissions should be carefully checked for spelling and grammar.
- References (e.g. Smith 2016) should be used sparingly.
- Submissions must be received by Friday 2 August 2019 for consideration by the program committee.
- Once accepted, authors will be notified by Friday 8 November 2019 and informed if their submission has been selected for an oral or poster presentation.
- Presenters must be registered to attend the conference by Friday13 December 2019.
- Abstracts will be published in the conference proceedings as submitted.
- If there is more than one presenter only one presenter is able to register at the speaker rate.
Terms and conditions
The submission of an abstract/education proposal indicates an understanding of the following conditions for participation in the ACORN 2020 Conference:
- If multi-authored, all authors must approve submission of the work for presentation.
- The author(s) agree(s) to materially confine their presentations to information in the submission if accepted for presentation. If an author has more than one presentation accepted, each presentation will be materially confined to the information in the submissions selected for the specific session.
- At least one author will be available to present if selected for the program. The authors will immediately notify Annabel Holliss, ACORN Events and Admministration Officer, on email@example.com if they are unable to present or if the presenting author has changed. The organisers reserve the right to remove a presentation from the program. Please note that only the main presenter is entitled to the discounted registration fee.
- The presenter gives ACORN permission to print the abstract in the conference handbook and app.