Antimicrobial stewardship - Our best defence against increasing resistance
Antimicrobial stewardship - Our best defence against increasing resistance?
Date: Monday 15th June 2020
Time: 14.00 hrs AEST
13:30 hrs SA | 14.00 hrs QLD | 13.30 hrs NT | 12.00 hrs WA
This interactive session will:
- provide an overview of the new Antimicrobial stewardship standard in the 16th edition of the ACORN Standards
- consider how this new standard links to the National Safety and Quality Health Service (NSQHS) Standards
- detail the processes ACORN used to interrogate the evidence regarding perioperative antimicrobial stewardship
- discuss the key recommendations and practice guidelines included in this new Standard
- outline ways in which this standard can be implemented by perioperative nurses
Please register at this link
Chlorhexidine gluconate is often positioned as the ideal antiseptic. Is it? Please join your perioperative colleagues for the second in our series of the new 2020 ACORN Standards webinars for members – 'New age sensitivity - Chlorhexidine gluconate!' The webinar will be presented by Sue Ireland, Casual academic, Flinders University and Author of the 2020 Chlorhexidine sensitivity guideline included in the 2020 ACORN Standards. ...
ACORN Queensland invites you at attend their next webinar session. ‘The Partnering with Consumers Standard recognises the importance of involving patients in their own care and providing clear communication to patients. This standard, together with the Clinical Governance Standard, underpins all the other standards.‘ (safetyandquality.gov.au/) ...