The objectives of the NTPNA are:
- to bring together those nurses engaged in or interested in perioperative nursing
- to provide opportunities for meeting to discuss subjects of mutual interest
- to initiate and encourage educational opportunities for perioperative nurses to increase knowledge and skills
- to encourage research projects relating to perioperative nursing
- to promote and improve the professional status of members
- to act as the local association for ACORN in the Northern Territory.