Perioperative nurses care for patients before, during and after surgery or interventional procedures.
This video was produced by the Perioperative Unit at Concord Repatriation General Hospital.
Life as a Perioperative nurse
Health Times article 'Perioperative a uniquely fulfilling field. But is it for you?'
Austin Health article 'A day in the life of a perioperative nurse'
Logan Perioperative Services presentation 'We are perioperative nurses'
Healthcare Australia interview with Kerrie Ferguson, read what Kerrie enjoys about her job, how she finds agency nursing and why her patients are at the centre of her care.
Healthcare Australia article describing what it's like to work in the private sector.
The specialised Perioperative nursing roles
- Acute Pain nurse
- Anaesthetic nurse
- Circulating nurse
- Instrument nurse
- Nurse Educator and/or Facilitator
- Nurse Practitioner (Perioperative)
- Nurse Researcher
- Perioperative Nurse Surgeon’s Assistant (PNSA)
- Perioperative Nursing Manager
- Post Anaesthesia Care Unit (PACU) nurse
- Preadmission and day surgery nurses