Standards for Perioperative Nursing in Australia
Hospitals around the country are mitigating risk and reducing costly adverse events by implementing ACORN’s Standards for Perioperative Nursing in Australia. Is yours?
Arm your team with the knowledge of and access to the most current evidence-based practice in either or both print and electronic formats.
In May we launched the 15th edition of Standards for Perioperative Nursing in Australia. This edition includes major revisions of six documents, one new standard and one new guideline. These are:
- Management of the Post Anaesthesia Care Unit (released in electronic format in October 2016)
- Preoperative patient skin antisepsis (released in electronic format in August 2017)
- Single use items (released in electronic format in October 2017
- Instrument nurse role
- Risk management
- Safe patient positioning in the perioperative environment
- Management of clinical images in the perioperative environment (new guideline)
- Management of hypothermia in the perioperative environment (new standard).
The reference lists for standards, guidelines and statements that cite key legislation or national standards that have changed have also been updated throughout.
Multiple user licenses are for one-year from date of purchase
All prices include GST
Postage and handling: As per Australia Post rates POA for international orders
Perioperative Nursing, 2nd Edition
This book can be purchased through the Elsevier website.
Practice Audit Tools (PATs)
The ACORN Practice Audit Tools (PATs) are customised spreadsheets to record evidence of clinical practice during real-time observational audits of perioperative nurses.
The PATs can be purchased here.