The Australian College of Perioperative Nurses (ACORN) is Australia’s peak body of perioperative nursing and the largest specialty nursing college. ACORN provides funds for research, professional development, patient safety resources and publication of Standards for Perioperative Nursing in Australia.
- LHD transition to sterile applicator skin preparation: the what, why and how 6th December 2022 Lee-Ann Heta shares her local health district transition to using a sterile applicator for preoperative skin preparation... more
- Hear my Story: Perioperative Role - Nurse Unit Manager 8th December 2022 Michael Ashby (RN) shares his experience and journey as a nurse unit manager in the perioperative environment. more
- ACORN Standards Update and live Q&A 15th December 2022 What a year 2022 has been! Join Michelle Hibberson, ACORN Standards Officer, as she discusses the ACORN Standards, relev... more
- ACNP hosting annual Nurse Practitioner Week (12th-18th December 2022) 1st December 2022 The theme of NP Week is ‘Nurse Practitioners: the essential difference in healthcare.’ ... more
- Do you have questions about ACORN Education or the ACORN Standards? 7th November 2022 Learn more about ACORN Education and the ACORN Standards ... more
- New ACORN course: The Fundamentals of Anaesthetic Nursing 29th August 2022 ACORN members please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for your member discount coupon code. ACORN members receive 15% off ... ... more
ACORN would like to thank all our corporate partners for supporting us to achieve our mission!
Our work is to advance safe, quality perioperative nursing care for Australians.
When our work is done Australians receive safe, quality perioperative nursing care.