The Australian College of Perioperative Nurses (ACORN) is Australia’s peak body of perioperative nursing and the largest speciality nursing college. ACORN provides funds for research, professional development, patient safety resources and publication of the Standards for Perioperative Nursing in Australia - The New ACORN Standards.
- Surgeon’s Perspective: Hazards of Surgical Plume & Challenges of Smoke Evacuation Implementation. 31st March 2023 Surgical plume in the operating room (OR) could rightly be considered a biohazard, though this fact is often neglected.... more
- Perioperative Fundamentals: Safe medication handling and labelling 4th April 2023 This webinar is part of the “Perioperative Fundamentals” range of webinars that has been designed to cover core perioper... more
- International Nurses Day 2023 12th May 2023 The theme for the 2023 is Our Nurses. Our Future. Shining the light on nurses and on a brighter future. more
- New Member benefit: Access to The New ACORN Standards 20th March 2023 We are excited to announce ACORN members, fellows and affiliate members have access to the Standards for Individuals via... ... more
- How do I access The New ACORN Standards 18th March 2023 The New ACORN Standards are now live! The Standards for Individuals can be accessed through the Member Jungle app on you... ... more
- Want to know more about The New ACORN Standards? 16th March 2023 The New ACORN Standards outline the standardised professional and clinical perioperative practice which Australian inter... ... more
ACORN would like to thank all our corporate partners for supporting us to achieve our mission!
Our work is to advance safe, quality perioperative nursing care for Australians.
When our work is done Australians receive safe, quality perioperative nursing care.