The Australian College of Perioperative Nurses (ACORN) is Australia’s peak body of perioperative nursing and the largest speciality nursing college. ACORN provides funds for research, professional development, patient safety resources and publication of the Standards for Perioperative Nursing in Australia - The New ACORN Standards.
- Perioperative Fundamentals: Safe medication handling and labelling 4th April 2023 This webinar is part of the “Perioperative Fundamentals” range of webinars that has been designed to cover core perioper... more
- International Nurses Day 2023 12th May 2023 The theme for the 2023 is Our Nurses. Our Future. Shining the light on nurses and on a brighter future. more
- ACORN AGM 27th May 2023 Save the date for the Annual General Meeting. more
- Need a refresher or new graduate nurse struggling? 29th March 2023 Check out ACORN's range of "Fundamentals of..." courses. Courses range from 16-20 CPD points. ... more
- An open letter to Australia's Health Ministers 28th March 2023 From the Australasian Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons, the Australian Society of Plastic Surgeons, the Australian... ... more
- Member Benefit: Bravura Laser Safety Officer (LSO) Education Scholarships 24th March 2023 Apply for scholarship now! ... more
ACORN would like to thank all our corporate partners for supporting us to achieve our mission!
Our work is to advocate for safe, quality perioperative care for every patient on every occasion.
When our work is done, we will have delivered safe, quality perioperative care
that protects the health and wellbeing of every patient and nurse.